Título del trabajo: Training Specialist, Global Ops Artificial
Compañía: Amzn Support Srvcs Costa Rica
Descripción de funciones: Amazon is a multi-national technology company and being proficient in English is a required qualification. CVs must be submitted in English a our recruitment team works in several jurisdictions.
– 3+ years of experience in Training and/or Learning management roles in corporate environments.
– 2+ years of experience in stakeholder management.
– B2/C1 English proficiency.
This is a position based in Costa Rica and does not offer relocation benefits. Job applicants must be located and legally authorized to work in Costa Rica in order to be eligible for consideration.
Global Operations Artificial Intelligence (GO-AI) is a team that remotely handles stowing activities in the Fulfillment Centers globally. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
The selected Training Specialist will play a key role, as they are responsible for introducing new hires to Amazon’s culture, and work hand in hand with training associates, support functions and Managers along with our peer sites across the globe.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
– Coordinate and facilitate Training for new hires in Costa Rica.
– Work along with the Training Assistants designated for the class.
– Coach and escalate accordingly behavioral issues with trainees.
– Ensure the availability of the necessary tools for the trainees to perform their job efficiently.
– Proactively detect and resolve system issues among the trainees.
– Collaborate with the rest of the team to identify training best practices.
– Creating training plan for various training programs.
– Preparing and scheduling special training (Process change updates, Peak refreshers, etc.).
– Comprehending the changes in the process and creating effective training plan.
– Communicates effectively both verbal and written form on all interactions within and outside of the Training team.
– Train the Trainer: Facilitate train the trainer sessions. They should be the first point of contact that receives the information/update on program/process updates and train the trainers to ensure that knowledge dissemination happens in a structured way and goes through review.
– Conduct SOP cadence meets: They will be responsible for ensuring training SOP is up to date by conducting SOP cadence meets, this helps in proactively finding out opportunities in SOP and simplifying it for users.
– Conduct trainer evaluation audits: They will be responsible for conducting trainer evaluation audits that helps us in measuring trainer quality (facilitation and process knowledge).
– Share feedback to training assistants: They will analyze the findings from trainer evaluation audit and perform dive deep and provide targeted feedback/coaching to trainers that will help improve TEA scores.
– Train the trainers on basic skills: They will be training the trainers on basics such as presentation skills, Excel basics, communication techniques.
– Conduct timely checks on New associates: Conduct Audits for new associates that have cleared training and are currently in nesting phase. This helps team identify learning opportunities and loop back learnings to classroom training.
– Invigilate classroom tests: They will be responsible to invigilate classroom assessments to ensure that we have a neutral panel conducting assessments and capture learning opportunities.
– Review training Content and Assessments: Review training content and assessments to ensure that all content is up to date and in line with learning requirements.
– Conduct monthly assessments for trainer’s: They will create and conduct knowledge assessments for trainers that will be a proactive check on trainer knowledge and provide a sanity check.
– Learning Experience Improvement: Conduct learners survey at the end of training post which they will analyze the results and provide a plan of action if scores are not as per agreed threshold.
– Take jobs to maintain knowledge proficiency and comply with success indicators accordingly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
About the team
This is NOT a virtual position. If selected for this role, you will be required to continue working on daily basis from our SJO19 building, located in the America Free Zone (AFZ), Cariari, Heredia.
– University bachelor’s degree in process or concluded
– Six Sigma Green/Black belt certified.
– PMP certified.
Ubicación: San José
Fecha del trabajo: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 23:46:49 GMT