Título del trabajo: Sr Buyer/Planner (Global, Role Hybrid)
Descripción de funciones: Careers that Change Lives
As a member of NewCo’s Supply Management Organization, the Indirect Buyer is responsible for coordinating indirect purchases through Ariba. The Buyer has responsibility for the indirect governance to ensure Mozarc purchase requisitions are aligned with policies and procedures for both Mozarc and Medtronic. The successful candidate is well versed in Ariba purchasing processes, has a high degree of working knowledge of Excel and can drive results to achieve customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for auditing purchase requisitions for compliance with policies, training employees on the indirect purchasing process and aligning with internal stakeholders on cost centers, priorities, etc.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Sources, purchases, plans, and schedules the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods, and related material through production and inventory process.
- Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- In front-end procurement mode, analyzes data and determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- Serves as an Ariba knowledge expert user.
- Enters Purchase Requisitions through Ariba
- Provides technical assistance to a team of Super Users on PR entry.
- Acts as point of contact between Mozarc and Medtronic for all vendor adds and maintenance.
- Administers the Super User MS Teams site.
- Updates all Super User tools on the Super User MS Teams site.
- Maintains online PR request form which collects and assigns PR requests to Super Users
- Generates reporting from the Ariba system.
- Performs audits on PR entries validating that they have been correctly entered and have the correct approval flow.
- Perform as subject matter expert on PR requisition placement within Ariba system to support SuperUsers.
- Hosts bimonthly Super User Office Hours
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience or 2+ years of Ariba Catalog order experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Excel).
- Program and customer relationship management experience.
- Deep knowledge of Ariba solutions/services.
- Understanding of Procurement processes and Buyer/Supplier interfaces in Ariba.
- Experience preparing and delivering analyses from Ariba data.
- Experience in B2B ecommerce
Nice to Have
- APICS, CSCP, CPIM, ISM, CPSM, or CPSD certification.
- Experience with sourcing and/or supplier management for products or services within an FDA-regulated medical device, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and internal/external partnering skills.
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers to reach agreement on optimal contract terms and conditions.
- Strong working knowledge of contract documentation, interpretation, and strategic sourcing processes and trends.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong quantitative skills, independent thinking, and a high level of initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to project milestones.
- Requires exceptionally sound judgment, decision making abilities, proven management skills, and ability to influence others across the company.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team is essential for success.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and earns trust of others at all levels of the organization
- Ideally will have MS Teams, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Word skills.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Oct 9, 2023
- Travel: Yes,