Título del trabajo: SR Buyer/Planner CARTAGO
Compañía: Boston Scientific
Descripción de funciones: Additional Locations: N/A
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and has been recognized with the Catalyst Award in 2022, a prestigious recognition of diversity, equity and inclusion excellence. Also, we have a Gender Equality Policy to support our compromise.
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes WFH and onsite. You will have the opportunity to discuss details in the interview.
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information, and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Background on Boston Scientific Cartago:
This role will be one of the first positions hired to support a green field / startup operation for the 3rd Boston Scientific site in Costa Rica. A green field startup operation for a large multinational company with strong presence on the region, represents a unique opportunity for any professional on her/his career. Initial roles will be key on the development of a new team / culture and on the construction of a strategy to build a brand new and large manufacturing site that will soon support many patients around the world.
General soft skills required:
- Leader passionate about creating a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and Inclusion.
- Demonstrate passion for serving the patient and drives a culture of compliance / integrity.
- Proven record of having passion and focus on people / team development and driving employee engagement.
- Demonstrated experience on building strong collaboration with key stakeholders and working with multi-cultural organization.
About this role
During the next 18 months aprox. (Green field plant – Project/Transfer mode), lead and coordinate all activities related to purchasing, planning and logistics as part of the product transfers to Cartago site.
After the next 18 months aprox. (Sustaining mode), this role should perform raw material purchases for the Cartago site in a timely and efficient manner in order to assure proper functioning of the organization. Satisfy our clients´ product requirements through an efficient control and programming of company resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support production readiness activities related to purchasing, planning and logistics.
- Perform all raw materials purchasing procedures.
- He/she will contact local and international providers for the supply of merchandise.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Maintain good relations with providers of raw materials.
- Assess raw materials provider performance periodically.
- Evaluate and select the company´s raw material providers.
- Maintain the cost-quality relation, pursuing the maximum savings for the company.
- Satisfy established raw material inventory levels.
- Execute the complete raw material purchase cycle, from definition of the requirement to receiving the merchandise.
- Generate continuous improvement projects for processes related to raw material purchases.
- May eventually have personnel under his/her supervision, where he/she will be responsible for their management, supervision and organization.
- Conduct production planning to effectively comply with product requirements, maintaining a balance between the clients’ requirements and the site´s efficiency and inventory level.
- Establish an actual, reachable, and acceptable Production Plan.
- Obtain an effective use of labor and equipment.
- Achieve timely communication with operative areas (Production, Purchasing, etc.) with direct influence on their functions, and with the entire organization in general.
- Follow up on the production plan through defining appropriate quantities, distribution and times in order to achieve maximum operative efficiency.
- Participate in the MRB (Material Review Board) as required.
- Perform the capacity requirement analysis, with a monthly frequency as minimum.
- Weekly and monthly reports on Production Plan´s control and monitoring.
What we are looking for:
- Experience: From 6 to 10 years in a manufacturing environment.
- English level: 85-90% and desired Portuguese.
- Flexibility to travel to Brazil as required for first 18 months.
- Experience in the Medical Device Industry is desirable.
- Industrial Engineer or field related.
- Microsoft office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Power BI experience desired).
- Communication skills, quality oriented and planning
Requisition ID: 573181
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination, and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life’s work.
Fecha del trabajo: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:37:28 GMT