Título del trabajo: PWS Networking Engineer
Descripción de funciones: Job Description:
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide assistance to the other network engineers in the Pittsburgh office
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
- Network System Design and Implementation: Design and implement network systems including wireless infrastructure.
- Network Connectivity: Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the projects department and end users
- Network Monitoring: Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network problems. As appropriate, research, analyze and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Applying security techniques to ensure proper controls in access, logging, and auditing. Support developed network security guidelines and standards
- Maintain proficiency with current technologies.
- Provide proposal support, project team support, test floor support, and field service support related to networking
- Participate in meetings to create/improve tools for networking with product development
- Ability to create and maintain schedules with understanding that several inputs/outputs may or may not be in your control
- Ability to gather technical equipment specifications from customer specification understanding of how best to implement a network configuration based on these inputs and Ovation standards
- Ability to work within and lead a team. Possess the listening skills necessary to receive instruction and direction. Possess the leadership to pass those directives to other colleagues to achieve a satisfied customer and high quality product.
- With direction can design some non-complex solutions.
- Review application documentation for quality, accuracy and completeness
- Actively participates in the acquisition of knowledge and experience through partnering with more senior technical staff members
- Actively participates in appropriate SME teams
- Solve technical problems through the combination of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, experience, or methods developed in previous assignments
- Actively participates in maintaining and improve the group KPIs such us on-time performance, customer satisfaction and quality
- Work closely with partners to meet the project requirements and deadlines
- Consistently shows ability to accurately communicate with customers
- Constantly works proactively and independently
- Travel time around 50% Travel can be to customer sites to troubleshoot or assist in commissioning efforts
- Intermediate-Advance level of English
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in DCS or SCADA in Industrial Automation
- Good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- A good business understanding and the ability to work effectively with internal and external