Título del trabajo: Procurement Manager – Lab Supplies
Compañía: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Descripción de funciones: **About Thermo Fisher Scientific**: When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 130,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You’ll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges. This includes protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, and helping find cures for cancer.
**How will you make an impact?**
The** Procurement Manager – Lab Supplies**, drives the execution of complex category strategies encompassing multiple sites necessary to continuously improve the assigned categories of spend. Collaborates with a cross-functional team of sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other colleagues to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develops sourcing strategies, negotiates contracts, supports spend migration from incumbent to preferred suppliers, and manages preferred supplier relationships.
**What will you do?**
**Scale of Responsibilities**:
– Manages global category initiatives to deliver key category performance indicators including: savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk
– Leads the execution of a 3 to 5-year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with preferred suppliers that meet key business needs and category management goals
– Participates in the development of 3-5 year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting preferred suppliers that meet key business category management goals
– Monitors market intelligence and key trends, assesses impact and refines category plans to support business requirements
– Engages and supports division/site procurement teams and other key colleagues to qualify preferred suppliers & migrate spend from incumbent, non-preferred suppliers
– Analyze category supplier performance data to find opportunities for supplier performance improvement and to establish continuous improvement goals
– Actively participates in supplier business reviews with suppliers to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals
– Manages strategic contracts across suppliers, products and services within category
– Facilitates free-flow of spend intelligence and analysis to internal business leaders in order to enhance their decision making
– Drives negotiations for global agreements aligned with category strategy
– Collaborates with cross-functional colleagues (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities
– Establishes category plans and priorities globally and ensures alignment with divisional business priorities
**How will you get here?**
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field or equivalent combination of experience and education
– Master’s or advanced degree is preferred
– Minimum of 7 years procurement/sourcing experience or experience in a scientific/laboratory environment in mid to large multinational companies or experience dealing with suppliers and products in the laboratory supplies & diagnostic category
– Strong category/business engagement experience preferred
– Business acumen – knows how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value
– Experience working in highly regulated industries
– Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results
– Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities
– Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
– Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience is preferred
– Experience in life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries is preferred
– Ability to travel 25%
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.»
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Ubicación: Santa Cruz, Guanacaste
Fecha del trabajo: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 23:36:50 GMT