Título del trabajo: MGR I MATERIALS PLANNING
Compañía: TE Connectivity
Descripción de funciones: At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
About the position:
- Develop, implement and maintain a standard operating procedure and best practices in accordance with internal and external requirements for global materials management by assessing current and future needs.
- Prepare reports to communicate the results of the company’s metrics and the necessary information for senior management.
- Develops and implements logistics plans and procedures related to the flow of materials, products, services and associated systems information including supply chain, inventory control, critical parts availability, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing.
- Interacts regularly with vendors (e.g. carriers, and customers) and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Product Development/Product Management to optimize systems concepts, procedures and integrated processes between outside suppliers and internal functions and improve how logistics are managed.
- Develops and administers cost-effective systems that meet inventory control needs through efficient and economical transportation of raw materials, component parts and/or finished goods, analyzing transportation modes and methods based on customer needs, carrier cost and performance audits, and recommends changes as required to maximize asset utilization.
- Interprets laws, rules and regulations regarding shipping and prepares applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
- Research best practices to identify trends and benchmark data, including new technologies.
- Responsible for the purchasing of materials, components, parts, supplies, equipment, and services following established policies and procedures to meet TE’s requirements and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Identifies, evaluates, approves and qualifies vendors whose reliability and goods meet the standards and specifications set by TE, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Negotiates contract terms for major purchases within established limits of authority, ensuring that supply, quality, and cost expectations are met and adhere to TE’s quality and delivery standards.
- Works with product management, development, manufacturing, and engineering teams to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained to meet production demand and interfaces with multiple internal departments to resolve discrepancies related to invoicing, shipments, etc.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Industrial Engineering or similar
- 7-10 years’ experience in similar positions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERPs
- Knowledge in problem-solving techniques
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Language: Bilingual English / Spanish
- APICS CPIM (Desirable)
- Medical Device Industry Experience preferred
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
Heredia, H, CR, 40104
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 113529
Alternative Locations: Metro Free Trade Zone