Título del trabajo: Mechanical / Electro – Mechanical Supply Line Engineer
Descripción de funciones: We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne’s test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!
Duties & Responsibilities
Within the Supply Base Management engineering team, the supply line engineer (SLE) is the key technical resource for all supplier related issues. Responsible for the technical due diligence aspects of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical components selection, creates awareness within strategic supply base of Teradyne technology needs while keeping current knowledge of industry and component technology trends. The mechanical SLE is expected to:
- Gather and review info on the specifications of standard mechanical components.
- Maintain up to date all components’ information in the Teradyne PLM system.
- Be responsible for supporting requests for information from contract manufacturers on Teradyne parts, components, and suppliers.
- Assist the global design teams in selecting mechanical commodities for use in new designs.
- Lead qualification of new components through Part Qual process and First Article documents.
- Responsible of obsolescence processes where mechanical part is discontinued by manufacturers and replacement equivalent parts should be allocated.
- Analyze how changes could affect Teradyne products, when component was changed by Manufacturer; in charge to deviate process to get new parts when urgencies are demanded.
- Drive cost down initiatives using experience to analyze and find optimization in the cost of the mechanical parts, while assuring continuous quality and reliability.
- Proactively work with suppliers on continuous improvement projects.
- Travel as needed to work on engineering projects and visit suppliers.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electro-mechanical Engineering required.
- Proven 3+ year experience in similar or related roles.
- Fluent English language skills (verbal and written) required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience sourcing mechanical components: Hardware, joints, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.
- Reading and interpretating mechanical technical data: drawings, specifications, high level assemblies, bill of materials, etc.
- Familiarity with electromechanical integration and design/assembly best practices.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering documents/specifications.
- Knowledge of material science.
- Supplier quality management experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of assisted mechanical software such as Solid Works and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Statistical Quality Controls (SPC, 6-sigma, etc) & Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Macros and Pivot Tables in Excel is a must.
- Tenacious – does not give up at the first “No”.
- Strong organizational, teamwork and multi-tasking skills required.
- Willingness to adjust working hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with minimal supervision to perform individual tasks and responsibilities.
- Effective negotiation skills.