Título del trabajo: Maintenance Supervisor
Descripción de funciones: JOB DESCRIPTION:
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and your family, be your true self, and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Private medical insurance, cafeteria subsidy, stock program, and employee association, among others
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diverse, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alajuela, Coyol location in the Vascular division that provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for the treatment of vascular disease.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate, divisional and site policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supervising maintenance technicians and all the activities executed by them.
- Responsible of all the activities related to Maintenance Technicians on Kronos, Maximo, WD and other systems, including payment, performance evaluation, development plans, and disciplinary actions, Maintains personnel records (e.g., work schedules, vacation schedules, leaves) and makes or directs modifications in the database to reflect actual changes, others.
- Responsible for developing work schedules for the department by assessing priorities, workload and available resources.
- Responsible for implementing a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
- Responsible to ensuring all technicians are trained and are complying with all the applicable corporate, divisional and site policies and procedures, and provide support to training/certification process improvement.
- Responsible for developing direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Responsible for monitoring daily work operations and providing direction to predominantly nonexempt and entry-level staff to achieve unit or departmental goals.
- Responsible for responding to complaints on equipment and work orders (DM, PM and all WOs types), creating improvement plans and implementing projects to improve the maintenance area and metrics/goals.
- Responsible for procuring needed equipment (including spare equipment), supplies and spare parts.
- Responsible for handling Maintenance Technicians HC, OT, external services and spare parts, and implementing controls to meet the department budget.
- Responsible for performing root cause analysis on critical equipment failures and identifying/implementing improvement opportunities or corrections.
- Responsible for improvements or corrections on equipment and processes implementation, complying with the corresponding policies/procedures. Also, responsible of coordination with the affected areas.
- Responsible for providing support to audits on topics related to equipment and maintenance processes.
- Responsible of providing support on exceptions related to equipment and maintenance activities, including executing or providing support to other areas or coworkers on all the exceptions stages and/or subtask completion.
- Responsible for identifying improvement on maintenance procedures, including EMPs, EQPs, and others and requires support to update documentation.
- Responsible for creating reports related to maintenance data and metrics.
Shift: Admin (Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electric, Maintenance, Mechanical, Industrial engineering
- 5 years of related experience
- Experience in technical people management is required, and preferred in medical devices companies.
- Experience related to equipment troubleshooting, improvements identification and implementation, equipment design and/or equipment maintenance positions is a plus.
- Advanced commands of English
- High Equipment Technical knowledge required.
- Lean and Six Sigma knowledge/certification as a plus, for example Yellow or Green Belt, TPM, Preventive and Predictive Maintenance, Root cause analysis, and others.
- Maintenance metrics knowledge required, for example equipment availability, MTBF, MTBR, etc.
- CAB/CAD knowledge/certification, including SW and Autocad as a plus.
- Project Management knowledge/certification as a plus.
- PLCs knowledge/training as a plus.
- Statistical techniques knowledge is a plus.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is N/A
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY: Facilities & Maintenance
DIVISION: AVD Vascular
LOCATION: Costa Rica
Alajuela : AVCR-1
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Not specified
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Yes