Título del trabajo: Latam Product Sourcing Associate Director
Compañía: The Global Foodbanking Network
Descripción de funciones: **Location is in LATIN AMERICA: in any country in Latin America, Central America, or South America is preferred. Must live near a major airport due to the requirement of regional and international travel (up to 40% of the year).**
The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) is a growing network, with food banking organizations based in 44 countries, and an ambitious goal to increase food access for 50 million people by 2030, with a focus on emerging and developing markets.
– Assess sourcing landscape and continue to develop strategic plan to increase relationships and product sourced by country across region.
– Develop productive, collaborative relationships with network food bank staff to nurture industry partnerships benefiting global and local organizations.
– Based on a partnership framework, increasingly recruit, and deepen the engagement of product donors in the work of food banks. Partner effectiveness is measured through public recognition of the engagement, the number of markets where donation activity is occurring, and overall increase in donations as well as holistic support including local funding, volunteer engagement, etc.
– Establish and nurture relationships at all appropriate stages of the supply chain and levels of decision making within partner organizations to strengthen the network’s status as a preferred recipient of excess food and non-food essentials
– Create new training tools and communication vehicles that will assist food bank members with identifying, educating, and servicing donors.
– Work with food bank staff to create and implement effective action plans for holistic donor support.
– Implement, manage, and track business strategies that help secure more product for food banks.
– Help forge and carry out GFN’s broader partnership strategy with system conveners, to increase GFN visibility and brand awareness as well as position food donation in the broader Food Loss and Waste (FLW) space.
– BA/BS or relevant experience
– 7 years relevant food bank/food systems/food industry experience; retail grocery a plus
– Strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue, and hunger relief along with the nuances of food banking
– A proven track record of implementing plans to deliver results against strategic goals
– Ability to utilize business experience and industry understanding to successfully engage and motivate partner representatives across the company and throughout their supply chain. Willing to both lead and provide hands-on support
– Strength in monitoring industry trends and analyzing data to derive business insights
– Ability to articulate effectively with internal and external contacts using verbal, written and presentation skills and effective negotiation skills based on a win-win philosophy and commitment to long-term partnership development
– Committed to the organizational mission of ending global hunger
– Must possess cultural awareness and commitment to supporting a culturally diverse workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences
– Fluency in English is required
– Fluency in Spanish is required and fluency in Portuguese is preferred
Location: Any country in Latin America, Central America, and South America is preferred. Must live near a major airport due to the requirement of regional and international travel (up to 40% of the year).EOE: _The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential._
– Do you have experience in the Food industry? If so specify how much experience, what company you worked for and what your responsibilities were.
– Why are you interested in a job with a global food banking network?