Título del trabajo: Import & Export Specialist I
Descripción de funciones: **About Abbott** Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
**Working at Abbott**
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
– Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
– A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
– A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Costa Rica – Alajuela location in the Electrophysiology Division. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
As the Import & Export Specialist I, you will manage all coming shipments to Abbott-Costa Rica facility as well as manage all shipments leaving from Abbott-Costa Rica facility. This goes from providing all needed information in order to make the proper shipping arrangements from shipping dock until the shipment is delivered at consignee’s receiving dock in compliance with local Free Zone regulations.
**What You’ll Do**
– Maintain updated information regarding international transportation negotiated rates and informs changes in rates.
– Provide decision makers with accurate information for shipping arrangements regarding pricing and delivery service.
– Follow up in-transit shipments from shipping dock to destination.
– Manage shipping paperwork for export process in Costa Rica (commercial invoice, packing list, certificates, customs declarations, airway bill/bill of lading).
– Provide local customs agents with proper and complete Spanish description for shipments (including product code, brand, model, and serial number always if applicable).
– Manage export files for external auditing processes (from Procomer, DGA, E&Y and others).
– Support all needed information from Finance department for asset control.
– Manage export registration certificates and permitting for especial products to assure timely customs release (includes chemical products, biological raw material, and bio-medical equipment and similar).
– Request customs clearance approvals to Government departments (Health and Agricultural) for special products (laboratory elements, equipment and others).
– Coordinate local transportations between Free Zone areas (bonded warehouses, airport, port and industrial parks).
– Review transportation company’s bills and request payment approval making sure of correct charging.
– Manage balance statements from all different carriers to keep within credit limit.
– ** Shift ADM**
– International Trade and/or Customs Bachelor student (at least 75% of the university degree program concluded) or technical degree obtained in related fields.
– 0-2 years experience in exports / imports process under Free Zone regulations
– Experience preferably in medical device industry.
– Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments.
– Proficient computer, data analysis and report writing.
– Intermediate Commands of English / Required
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Fecha del trabajo: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 23:08:40 GMT