Título del trabajo: Global Payroll Project Manager
Compañía: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Descripción de funciones: The Global Payroll Project Manager will have extensive project management experience within the payroll industry. This role facilitates collaboration among business units, legal, tax authorities, technical teams, vendors and at various times, external consultants. Responsible for the implementation of Global Payroll projects including but not limited to multi-country acquisitions, PPI initiatives, country specific implementations and others as dictated by business needs. The Global Payroll Project Manager gathers business requirements, translates them into a working set of functional requirements, applies and participates in industry standard testing methodologies while ensuring a successful transition to production.
The Global Payroll Project Manager will have demonstrated understanding of key components of project management methodology and demonstrated ability to manage multiple parallel projects, meet deadlines and obtain measurable results. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills. Global Payroll Project Manager must be focused, organized, and able to meet deadlines and effectively interact and influence all levels with the organization.
– Facilitate and/or manage projects ranging from basic to highly complex, based on needs, including system upgrades and implementations, data migrations, consolidations, acquisitions, and system selection/RFP.
– Work with all levels of management to plan strategic business and technology initiatives.
– Conduct project reviews, providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required, ensuring methodology selected is being followed and quality deliverables are produced.
– Prepare and maintain project plans based on the phases, activities, and tasks necessary for executing a project.
– Identify and document project risks, priorities, assumptions, scope, and approach, communicating overall project status to project team, stakeholders, and manager.
– Lead, challenge and motivate project team members.
– Provide consolidated Project Workbooks on a weekly basis to Manager and client.
– Identify and document areas of opportunity for process improvement thru interviews and analysis.
– Engage employees as project manager, overseeing projects from charter to execution while ensuring quality content and timely execution.
– Establish business case, project work plan, and lead cross-functional teams for the prioritized simplification project.
– Use process improvement methodologies such as documenting current state and future state end-to-end process, stakeholder identification and analysis, communication plans, etc., to implement process improvements.
– Actively participate in the identification and prioritization of process opportunities by engaging with process owners.
– Support strategy development across the organization, initiative identification and prioritization, and establishment of baseline measurements and success factors for each simplification project.
– Work with outside vendors such as ADP and Workday to provide expert processing support based on evaluated needs.
– May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact
– Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies.
– EMEA – not applicable/requires CIPP (or in-country equivalent) & payroll certifications/qualifications
– APAC – post secondary degree required/certifications not applicable
– Americas – post secondary degree required/ in-country certification highly recommended
– Minimum 5 (B6)/10 (B7) years payroll experience with advanced HR, Finance and/or IT experience required
– Extensive Project/Program management experience required, PMP certification preferred
– Internal Stakeholder & Vendor management acumen preferred
– Mergers & Acquisition experience preferred
– Data Collection/Conversions a plus
– Time & Attendance knowledge a plus
– Implementation/System upgrade coordination, testing and QA a plus
– Proficient knowledge of GL – ability to recon & troubleshoot a plus
– Expert analytical skills
– Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (excel, word, etc.)
– Expert knowledge of country and localized payroll legislation
– Additional Competencies:
– Stellar verbal and written communication skills
– Self-starter able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
– Strong organization skills
– Team Player
– Proficient in English (speak & write)
– Work schedule may require alignment to different time zones based on the needs of the business
– Ability to work in an appropriate manner with sensitive and confidential data
– Experience with Workday & Payroll Engine, ADP product suite preferred
– Travel as needed both nationally and internationally
– Explore Location
Ubicación: Santa Cruz, Guanacaste
Fecha del trabajo: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 23:15:00 GMT