Título del trabajo: Engineer III, Pkg
Compañía: Boston Scientific
Descripción de funciones: Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and has been recognized with the Catalyst Award in 2022, a prestigious recognition of diversity, equity and inclusion excellence. Also, we have a Gender Equality Policy to support our compromise.
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes WFH and onsite. You will have the opportunity to discuss details in the interview.
About the role:
With minimal supervision/guidance, develops and analyses packaging, products, materials, processes, or equipment for projects of high complexity. Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects. Compiles, analyzes and reports operational/test/research data to establish performance standards for newly-designed or modified packaging, products, processes, or materials.
Your responsibilities include:
- Fully participates and successfully contributes to project teams through the completion of complex engineering/packaging work in one or more of the following: packaging design and development, packaging testing, preparation of specifications, test/engineering reports preparation.
- Leads project teams of moderate to large scope through the definition of goals and objectives, project planning, execution of activities, and project follow-up.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Demonstrates proficient Sustaining Engineering knowledge through completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Coordinates, creates, and enhances packaging components for Sustaining Engineering based on pre-existing formats and design, and in accordance with regulatory, quality, and business requirements. As applicable, executes these actions for new product/packaging development.
- Performs Change Notice activities for the review, approval and release of packaging components and documentation.
- Designs, coordinates, and executes complex engineering tests and experiments for existing product/packaging design improvements and, as applicable, new product/packaging development. Compiles and analyzes data. Draws conclusions from results.
- Generates and reviews packaging-related documentation, including specifications, test plans, reports, and other documents.
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Works cooperatively with various Boston Scientific departments, divisions, and suppliers, to ensure an improved, practical, and consistent approach to packaging.
- Performs troubleshooting on new problems as related to design, material, or process. Selects techniques to solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- As applicable, provides work direction to technicians and other employees on packaging processes or test procedures.
- Serves as a resource in the orientation and training of new engineers and employees.
- Identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits idea records.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor or Licentiate degree in Engineering (Industrial, Design, Chemical/Materials, Mechanical) or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Packaging Engineering is desired (not mandatory).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Medical Devices Industry is desired (not mandatory).
- English Level desired: B2: 80-89% or above
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid packaging conceptual and practical knowledge and experience (packaging configurations, materials, processes, testing, equipment, and standards/regulations).
- Solid ability to research data, compile and analyze information, report results, and exercise judgment based on objective evidence.
- Solid ability to navigate through the different systems, industry practices and standards of a Medical Devices company. Solid understanding of the regulations that govern the Medical Devices industry.
- Solid ability to perform a range of work assignments, solve a range of problems through applying technical and/or functional experience and guided by precedents.
- Receives minimum supervision and direction. Works independently, receiving guidance on complex and unprecedented problems.
Requisition ID: 572114
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination, and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life’s work.
Fecha del trabajo: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 03:28:13 GMT