Título del trabajo: Direct Tax Analyst
Compañía: British American Tobacco
Descripción de funciones: **BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.**
**To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!**
**What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?**
The Tax Analyst will ensure timely and accurate reporting and payment of direct tax liabilities. The role will require technical tax and accounting knowledge with a thorough understanding of core processes that result in direct tax liabilities. The Tax Analyst will also be responsible for areas of continuous process improvement. The role will require excellent communication and business partnering skills.
– Ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and on a timely basis consistent with regulatory requirements and related Service Level Agreement (SLA).
– Develop workable knowledge of applicable governmental laws and regulations of direct tax areas.
– Actively develop and maintain good working relationships with key commercial stakeholders and team members.
– Actively search out areas for process improvement, identifying any gaps in efficiency and effectiveness and recommend improvements.
– Support any specific process improvement projects as requested and or assigned.
– Ensure transactions are documented in accordance with regulatory requirements.
– Responsible to ensure all SOX / operational and internal controls are followed.
– This position is the first point of contact with stakeholders to ensure transactions are appropriately identified to facilitate reporting and payment of direct tax obligations.
– Proactively assist in providing information as needed during an audit and or review by internal audit and or external governmental authorities.
– Participate and lead projects or complete ad hoc assignments as requested.
– Coordinate and plan daily activities using effective time management principles (any coordination to distribute tasks within the team must be reviewed with your team leader).
**EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE**
– 2.5 – 3 years’ experience in a multinational company
– Knowledge of statutory and management accounting principles for the countries within AMER is an advantage
– Planning and Reporting is desirable
– Must be flexible and adaptable to work with various levels of employees and leaders (up to and including executives)
– Must have proven ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced environment
**Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required**
– Good knowledge of SAP preferred
– Strong accounting knowledge, ability to prepare Statutory, Management and other relevant reporting
– Knowledge of federal and multi-state direct (income) taxes
– Knowledge of accounting for direct taxes
– Strong analytical and reporting skills
– Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
– BPC acknowledge is very desirable
– Strong customer focus
– Work proficient in written and verbal English
**Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required**
– University degree (Accounting, Economic of Finance)
– Bilingual (Spanish and English level 95%+)
– Knowledge of various franchise taxes, gross margin and or gross receipts taxes
– Experience working with other cultures
– Experience in the Shared Services environment and Business Partnering
– Knowledge of Alteryx data analytics platform
**WE ARE BAT**
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. **See what is possible for you at BAT.**
– Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
– Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
– Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
– Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
– Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
**BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER**
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. **Come bring your difference!
Fecha del trabajo: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 22:38:09 GMT