Título del trabajo: Data Analyst-Library Science
Descripción de funciones: **The Role / Responsibilities**: We are combining industry leading news sources with cutting edge Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Natural language Processing (NLP) techniques, built on a near-real time platform. Your work will help maintain relationships between named entities and their identifiers, help uncover additional entity relationships and signals and improve overall content enrichment. This will allow customers unparalleled insight into the mission critical data needed to run their businesses.
**Key Responsibilities and Objectives**
**The Library Scientist will**:
– Perform Daily QA work of applied metadata and signals related to named entity Recognition, Classification, Sentiment and Events.
– Manage entity maintenance, discovery and relationships. This will include researching public and private organizations, IPOs, de-listings and mergers. In addition, you will work with the Data Science team to help develop and refine machine learning models to improve Named Entity Recognition.
– Manage relationship with offshore resources on special projects related to content enrichment. Manage daily workflow, throughput and quality standards.
– Perform editorial duties working in our news aggregation platform including developing searches and search strategies, designing and distributing newsletters for customers and performing ad-hoc QA news queries.
– Help build and maintain complex tagging and categorization models in addition to event detection. This will entail working with complex Boolean syntaxes, mapping metadata and exploring natural language topic models.
– Work in close collaboration with the Data Science team to assist with building pipelines and feedback loops based on business needs and changing domains; provide input to continuously improve our processes and practices.
– Create and update departmental documentation, user guides and presentations for external distribution and in team workspace.
– Assist in non-English language translations projects and help set performance and accuracy benchmarks.
– Play a primary role in training sessions and knowledge sharing across the teams.
– You will need to set high-performance goals for yourself, assume responsibility and accountability, and self-impose standards of excellence in a structured environment with your manager.
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, English or Liberal Arts, Master’s a Plus.
– 2+ years of experience working with entity management, library management, automated classification or content enrichment.
– Familiar with core concepts of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. Must be able to communicate and interact with these at the conceptual level.
– Experience constructing complex searches, modifying results and presenting results.
– Quickly learn new technologies and processes. And be motivated to share this knowledge with others.
– Strong text manipulation Skills. Background in Python or other text manipulation tool(s) desired.
– Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
– Background in the news or finance industries a plus.
– Experience with ontology and taxonomy management systems a plus
– Strong proficiency in Excel, SQL, Jira, and/or Project Management software.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Fecha del trabajo: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 23:11:24 GMT