Título del trabajo: Community Field Assistant – Cartago, Costa Rica
Descripción de funciones: **About GVI** Our planet is in crisis and inequality affects people around the globe. At GVI, our teams are choosing to take action. We bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat each other with respect. But we can do better than words to show you who we are! To see what it’s really like to work for GVI, click here.
**About the Role**
As part of the team in Cartago, Costa Rica, you will assist in the running and operation of various aspects of our community programs such as: helping with volunteer coordination & supervision, general planning, logistics, and maintaining high standards of health and safety. You will also get the opportunity to be involved in the active development of projects, programs, and various long-term goals.
**What you will do**
– The main responsibility is assisting in organizing and leading activities for volunteers in the field. These will mainly include community development, teaching, women empowerment inntitiaves and healthcare.
– Supporting in the running and development of projects.
– Act as an enthusiastic role model for volunteers and provide guidance and mentorship.
– Adopt a flexible work approach that will include working evenings and weekends.
– Assisting to ensure that the programs continue to operate to a high standard for both volunteers and project partners
– Assisting with administrative work if needed, including reporting and scheduling.
If you are ambitious, and purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us powerful and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
– You are passionate about engaging with local communities, quality education for all, and tackling social and environmental issues, from health education to human rights.
– A self-starter who rolls up their sleeves to get things done, and enjoys tackling a wide variety of tasks. You are flexible and enjoy challenges.
**Required professional skills and experience**:
– Experience of volunteering, preferably in community work
– Experience travelling/living in a foreign country
– Ability to live in a communal setting
– Teaching experience
– Comfortable holding presentations as well as leading discussions in the field of community and culture for larger groups
– Background in development work
– Must be physically able to lead volunteers on various activities
– Fleunt in Spanish
– Advantageous skills and experience:
– TEFL Experience
– Experience in developing curriculums for different language levels and end goals.
Here’s what our global team enjoys:
– Collaborative, flexible culture
– Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
– We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
– Leadership development
– In-house counselling support
– Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
– Phone allowance
– Visa costs (if applicable)
– Emergency medical and travel insurance
**You can find out more about the type of work GVI does and who we are as an organisation **here**.**
Please send your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.