Título del trabajo: Accounts Payable Analyst, FinCom
Descripción de funciones: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Finance & Global Business Services (FGBS) plays a key role in the company’s mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. FGBS includes finance functions like Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Tax, as well as other functions like Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF), Investor Relations, and Benchmarking.
Corporate AP team handles payments to vendors for a large set of the categories of Amazon’s expenses. That includes corporate expenses, Employee Expense reports, and Amazon Web Services. The SJO operation is looking for a result driven, creative problem solver to join us as Accounts Payable – Finance Communications Analyst.
As an Accounts Payable – Finance Communications Analyst you will be responsible for vendor impacting issues, such as escalations management, critical vendors handling, Amazon system and process troubleshooting with the suppliers, and root cause analysis for all of the above, to ensure a smart, timely resolution.
The successful candidate will have experience as an Accounts Payable Analyst, allowing end to end AP process understanding in a high complexity, high paced company. Candidate should have a passion for research, process improvement, process mapping and client facing interactions, requiring the skills to transfer knowledge and guide with the highest levels of customer obsession. Knowledge of AP operations impact on general ledger (accounting), along with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills will be characteristics of the applicant.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the functions assigned to you within Finance Communications, such as customer troubleshooting, Critical Vendor’s handing and urgent scalations management.
- Understanding and utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Address vendor related inquiries and concerns, received through several channels: tickets and emails, ensuring a timely, accurate and well drafted response, that meets the highest levels of controllership.
- Showcase the highest levels of controllership and ethics, while ensuring process and policies adherence, including (but not limited to) Amazon guidelines, applicable local legislation and vendor’s contracts.
- Focus on controllership, by escalating internal control improvement opportunities
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Heredia, H, CRI
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress (2 year) or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Accounting or related fields.
- Experience in Accounts Payable of over 2 years, with experience on vendor issue resolution.
- Track record of excellent communication skills – written/verbal, internal/external, verifiable through examples.
- Strong Customer focus (both Internal / External).
- Full professional proficiency English and Spanish (B2+ level).
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel or similar desktop applications.
- Proven experience in accounting reconciliation.
- Proficiency in Oracle Financials or other ERPs.
- Lean Six Sigma Certifications.
- Has demonstrated ability to lead a team and influence upwards.
- Strong ability to take initiative and self-start when necessary.
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.